
In less than 2 weeks, I will be the age of 39. I reflect upon that age and think of the milestone 40 coming soon. Questions present themselves about the future and the past, all with a slant towards goals that were made, completed, broken and forgotten. Why is it that as I age, I begin to miss things that were never mine to keep? Well, I decided to put the melancholy aside this year and do something on my birthday that may make aging more appealing; at least make it a day more memorable.
On March 4th, I am going to do 39 things that I want to do to help celebrate my birthday. It may come across self-absorbed to some, but I find that it may make turning 39 easier to swallow for me. It may be "only a number" and I truly do "feel as old as I choose" on most days, but nearing 40 to me means less time to do all that I have on my bucket list; less time to be with the ones I adore. With a newer outlook and positive attitude that I promised myself to enforce when 2011 came, I am hopeful that my 39 birthday celebration will help me to keep up with my resolutions.
So, I have begun to make a list of all the 39 things I want to do on my 39th birthday. I have only made it to #10 so far, but look forward to adding more within the next few days. Of the 10 I have listed so far, here are some of the things I am planning for that day:
Play my favorite song on the way to work
Buy myself a Starbucks and not ask for nonfat/no whip/only 1 pump of syrup- bring on the whole milk, 4 pumps of syrup and extra whipped cream!
Find 30 minutes of just "me" time
Go to Wild Birds Unlimited
Eat at my favorite restaurant with my daughter and husband
Choose a new nail polish color in a bright, happy color
Ask for extra birthday hugs from my husband :)
Swing on the swings at afternoon recess duty
Buy treats to share with my students
And the list goes on... making this list has made me look forward in giddy anticipation to my birthday. I can't wait! Ok 39, I am ready.
Sorridere sempre
You can add to your list have a friend bring you your favorite take out breakfast food. So let me know what it is and it will be there. By the way 40 isn't so bad just look at me. :o)
ReplyDelete